Growing up as a kid, it seems that you always want more than you have. Looking back, I must say that I had an average lifestyle. I went to public school, and as I got older, I was able to be in activities. I remember being in Drill Team because I liked to dance and being in a club called "African American History Club”. While interacting with others through dance and being in the club, I can recall many times, looking at some of the people and thinking, their parents must have all the money in the world. They were driving nice cars and had the nicest things. I had nice things that my family could provide too but at that time I didn't think so.
Now that I am an adult, there are still times that I have lots of questions of how and why. Why is it that they have this, or have that? How are they are able to afford what they have? Why isn't my family like that? Wonder what it is like to live in their home? Will I be able to have that anytime soon? Will I ever be able to make as much money as them? Will I ever get a chance to be a stay at home mom? Will I be as successful as him or her? Why me? And the list of questions goes on, and on, and on........
When my faith gets weak during those times of questions, I have to remind myself that God created us all differently. God puts you in a place of where HE wants you, not where you want to be. He sends us through hard times to get our attention. Sometimes it seems that those hard times are filled with storms that just won't go away. Just when we are about to give up, he comes and rescues us. God has me in a place right now of where I need to depend solely on him. Take a minute to listen to one of my favorite songs:
Today I encourage you as well as myself to just take a look around and see what all God has done. We may not be where we want to be, but we must remember that God has it all in control. Remember that just when you think that your situation is bad, someone else's situation is probably worse. I may not have the best car, best house, or best job but I am definitely content where God has me.
I must THANK God for providing me with a roof over my head, a job that pays my bills, food to eat and a vehicle to get me to and from. Most of all I THANK him for being #1 in my life, a wonderful family and amazing friends.
Are you accepting the road that God has you on........

Love love love. Thanks girl!- Kyrsten
ReplyDeleteI hv looked bk n I'm glad where God has place me. My highway is lovely with God
ReplyDelete